Primary Drivers of RPA
No matter what size your company actually is, virtual workers in form of robotic process automations can help you to realize more than you probably imagine. If you are wondering why businesses switching to RPA, read this post to understand drivers, use cases and the impact of this new rising star.
Time is money and businesses have realized that they need support from attended or unattended robots in their day-to-day activities. Some of the most important reasons for robotics process automation are:
- Need for growth. We need to increase productivity and reduce costs
- Higher customer expectations. There is more data which needs to be processed quickly
- Cost effective thinking. We should pay only for the outcome.
- Job satisfaction has become important; nobody likes monotony jobs
- Improving productivity by more efficient software robots. We can insource processes and use robots to do more work in less time
Use Cases and Benefits
Think about your value chain and you will notice that there are many tasks which are day in day out exactly the same. Why not out task such monoton, repetitive activities to a robot and spend your valuable time for research and optimization instead of doing monoton work? Obviously, there are several use cases in which RPA can be highly useful. Let me outline a few below:
- Repetitive tasks
- Inputting data between multiple systems
- Supervising data entry work of human beings
- Data migration and reporting, interact with actual UI, avoid errors
- Rule-based decision making
- Information gathering
Businesses have realized that RPA is extremely helpful for them because it brings back the required speed to deal with growing work volumes. Some of the outstanding benefits of RPA are:
- Increase speed and accuracy of work
- Don’t loose time with repetitive tasks
- 24 / 7 without mistakes and no need for holidays
- Full audit trail of all activities
- Focus on higher value tasks
- Better job satisfaction
- Reduce monotony
RPA can influence any team in any enterprise. Think about the massive number of manual processes in existing businesses and you will realize that there are tremendous opportunities out there for experienced automation staff and also for a company to become more efficient by switching to RPA based workforces.
Senior leader rethinks existing strategies because average costs of a robot per hour are about as low as 1 USD. Taking also the improved quality, gains in speed and flexibility in account makes it very clear that this is a growing market with a high potential for both, businesses and service providers.
It’s probably wise to learn some RPA basics soon to be prepared once this growing market will be in its full swing. Continue doing the good work and please share your RPA experience with me.