SaaS is an abbreviation of Software-as-a-service, is a software distribution model, wherein the software providers hosts applications and make them available over the internet to the consumers. SaaS constitutes Cloud computing, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). In simple words, this breakthrough in technology would take away the need for organizations to install, run & maintain applications on their computers or data centers.
Almost all leading Organizations provide SaaS services for their products to the end customers. The market analyst believes that going forward with considerable developments in Cloud space would eventually drive lots of business to adopt SaaS-based products & services. Let’s see how SaaS has evolved in Performance testing & engineering space, for Organizations to quench their needs in that arena.
SAAS FOR LOAD & PERFORMANCE TESTING SOLUTION
We see a massive demand for Load & Performance testing (LPT) products and services in the current market, with most of the business going online for the best reach. There is a huge need for software solutions to be available, secured and with the best performance. Almost all the organization wants to performance test their product before launching to ensure reliability and performance. This led to the evolution of performance testing tools, with standard on-premise implementation.
Performance testing requires to mimic close to production like scenarios. There exists a need to align infrastructures, load generators (to simulate massive volume of users) distributed across various customer locations (geographically distributed), controllers, centric servers, source control servers, annual licenses for virtual users (simulated users using the LPT tool) and eventually their maintenance, are all the huge hassle, that comes along. With the above said, performance testing became costly, time-consuming & resource intense activity.
Thanks to the SaaS technologies and huge inventions/developments in cloud space engineering, that has delivered a best and unique amalgamation of SaaS and Performance testing/engineering tools. This nurtured blend has brought down all the implementation difficulties on the performance testing space. Now SaaS-based LPT is the talk of the town.
HOW EASY TO MIGRATE TO SAAS LPT TOOLS / SERVICES
SaaS-based load testing tools & services are the best solution for new clients, as well as existing on-premise product clients. Primary reasons are ease of implementation and centralized control. SaaS-based LPT tools provide robust recording options to script scenarios, autocorrelation features, practical parametrization facilities, etc. helps with technical implementation so comfortable and practical.
The best time saver would be setting up the performance test environment for execution. With few clicks on the SaaS-based platform, one can setup load generators with geographic distribution, utilize source control to upload and maintain scripts, data & configuration centrally.
Performance tests can be customized and scheduled, and one could get the report as specified in their mailbox. In fact, it would be much more comfortable and quicker to get an LPT executed than any existing on-premise solution. If we can gear up to try out SaaS-based LPT tools, it would be implemented to get sustained benefits, with a minimal effort.
BENEFITS OF ADOPTING A SAAS BASED LPT TOOL
Higher conversion ratio to SaaS-based LPT tools from traditional systems are significant because of enormous value realization. Below are the key points that are valued as benefits of SaaS-based LPT tools.
- Implementation: Relatively faster to implement. Easy to move the platform. Product tested & implementation test by the vendor.
- Customization: As a product, customization can be achieved through configurations, and in fact, the product support is swift when compared to the on-premises solution.
- Flexible Payments: It’s not required to purchase licenses upfront. It works on a pay-as-you-go model. Transitioning cost to a recurring operating expense, allows a company to predict their budgets easily. So, what we pay is what we want to utilize.
- Support, Maintenance & Upgrades: This is an area wherein SaaS-based LPT tools scores the fullest. As a centric platform product & services, support comes along. Patches & Upgrades are handled on the platform by an experienced product support personnel. In a nutshell, it a part of the offerings.
- Scalability: SaaS-based LPT solutions needs scalability regarding infra, user licenses, user access locations, etc. This is again a big plus here. Just with few clicks, we are good to go.
- Security & Regulatory Compliance: As a platform provided by high-end vendors, security & compliance are taken care of. With robust security measure, monitoring & standards, SaaS platforms are highly secured.
- Accessibility: Again, a significant advantage of using SaaS-based LPT platform is that, as everything resides centrally, we can access it over the internet practically from anywhere.
- Cost: Last but not least, major driving factor for companies to adopt any LPT tools. If we consider an Initial cost, Implementation cost factor, Infrastructure /Maintenance cost & YoY Maintenance cost, SaaS-based LPT tools are far less when compared to the on-Premise tools.
With all the above best fits, adopting SaaS-based LPT tools/services would be a beneficial & wiser option. With the rise of technology and technological advancement in cloud space, SaaS-based solutions are going to be future.
Contact us today for guidance what SaaS based solution to start with or how to migrate to SaaS based load and performance testing.
Keep doing the good things!