Resourceful, solution-focused and intuitive performance engineer with over 15 years of demonstrated success in architecting, developing and maintaining an effective performance engineering suite. Offers a wealth of knowledge and experience surrounding modern application architecture and development of best practices. A natural leader with strong communication skills that promote positive collaboration among multidisciplinary teams, and fosters strong relationships with key stakeholders and industry professionals.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|· Coordinating Technical Testing Teams
· Improving Testing Procedures/Guidelines
· Bottleneck Analysis – Heterogeneous Systems
|· Automating Applications
· Team Leadership & Development
· Reporting & Documentation
|· Project Management
· Performance Testing/Automation
· Testing & Monitoring Platforms
AREAS OF PROVEN PERFORMANCE
- Proven success in managing project lifecycles from conceptualization to implementation: developing load test scripts, carrying out tests, conducting evaluations and presenting results that outline the test strategy and demonstrate overall project feasibility. Clearly translates all facets to cross-functional teams and management.
- Applies strong technical acumen to effectively anticipate potential issues, and facilitate performance tests to identify opportunities to improve platforms, and proactively address million-dollar issues before they affect the client.
- Improves team performance through leadership and guidance on daily practices. Earned opportunities to replace management in their absence and train colleagues in external locations globally, as well as training clients on tech to improve their accessibility and user experience.
- Achieved service and business success by training on and offshore teams in test automation, performance testing and monitoring to localize and solve critical performance and stability issues; ultimately improving the process for identifying issues and implementing solutions to improve user experience on new systems.
- Identifies opportunities for improvements in the system, application, and infrastructure layers by setting up performance and stress tests to simulate users, test site reliability and scalability, and measure response times with teams; works with external vendors to facilitate improvement requirements
Lead Performance Engineer | Bank, Switzerland
Sept. 2010 – Present
Brought on to apply specialized experience in performance engineering to improve operations in the department, and serve as a gatekeeper at the private bank to ensure applications fulfill the requirements of highly-affluent clients with millions in assets. Recruited and developed a team of top-performing engineers to manage non-functional requirements and ensure the reliability of applications to maintain optimal performance for clients’ customized accounts.
- Led infrastructure lifecycle performance testing project, and demonstrated the potential of reducing hardware costs by 50% through simulation of the realistic load pattern.
- Successfully built up performance engineering services, and improved application response time of business-critical applications by transforming the monitoring from working as reactive to proactive, and introducing new ways of end-user based monitoring.
- Directed a group of performance-testing experts to ensure fluid onboarding of several thousands of Merrill Lynch customers. Introduced risk-based engineering to streamline the process of prioritizing the performance testing of over 70 applications, ultimately ensuring effective management of high volumes of data.
- As part of Master’s thesis, analyzed the development processes to create a platform and close gaps in security and software development chain; recommended the implementation of the secure code analysis platform Checkmarks to fulfill the requirement.
Lead Competence Group Test Engineer | Insurance, Switzerland
Aug. 2008 – Aug. 2010
Quickly on-boarded to support the company in improving performance testing, and testing of automation tools in projects to enhance the reliability of applications and fulfill performance requirements. Progressed to lead engineering activities and recruited, developed and managed a team of test engineers to implement new testing methods and process improvements.
- Boosted the efficiency of building test cases by improving the UI in replacing a former HP system with Tosca Suite, which allowed those without programming backgrounds to facilitate testing, and proactively address issues either before they reach the client, or immediately once it affects the client.
- Incorporated continuous improvement for the testing suite, and its maintenance and user support by working out performance test concepts, simulating tests, identifying bottlenecks and improving the reliability of applications.
Performance Test Manager | Atos Origin (ATO), Telecommunication, Düsseldorf, Germany
Sept. 2003 – Jul. 2008
Recruited to support the IT outsourcing company and manage the evaluation and rollout of performance tests and monitoring suites. Reviewed functional and non-functional requirements to lead the team in implementing all actions required to deploy application performance tests and ensure reliability.
- Contributed to increasing revenue by implementing an end-user monitoring system, and supported the manager in creating SLAs to effectively calculate availability in performance metrics on a monthly basis, which provided a more transparent view of actual costs to charge E-plus for the Atos service.
- Norman Load Testing: Directed the performance testing team to develop a strategy to effectively identify performance bottlenecking and improve the functionality of the Order Management application; ultimately enhancing the process of transitioning customers into new contracts or accounts.
Lead Software Development & Consulting | Isardata / Spirit SE, Consulting, Wolfratshausen, Germany
Aug. 1999 – Aug. 2003
Recruited to transform the Visual Basic based test automation prototype to a product which could be sold to customers. Conducted the design, implementation, testing, and roll-out of the new test automation framework called TestOffice.
- Led software development stream, implemented the new test automation framework user interface in Java, implemented C++ based floating license server.
- As part of the Bachelor’s Thesis designed and implemented the test case definition language TCDL which allowed creation and execution of automated test cases without any programming language knowledge.
- Successfully released several versions of TestOffice, trained customers and supported customers during product integration
MASTER’S DEGREE, IT RELIABILITY 2014, Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften, Switzerland
BSC. ENGINEERING – SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 2001, University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria, Austria
- IT Risk Management
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation and Advanced Level
- Certified dynaTrace, SilkPerformer, LoadRunner and TOSCA Engineer
- Banking for Talents
- Secure Web Development